domenica 14 giugno 2020

[Financial education] Why I cancelled my subscription to Money Week

A few weeks ago, I posted an article when I explained what I was doing to increase my financial education. Among those things, I mentioned I had subscribed to Richard Duncan's Macrowatch  (https://richardduncaneconomics.com/macro-watch/) and to the British financial magazine MoneyWeek(https://moneyweek.com/).

Well, I just sent an email for cancelling my subscription to the latter service.

The reason is very simple: despite the graphics, which is very appealing, I consider the content too generalistic, old-school oriented (keep gold!), generally biased against central banks.
I do not need an opinionist writing against central banks: I need somebody telling me what to do in case central banks take some decisions instead of other decisions.
Richard Duncan explains how modern economics work, MoneyWeek is an ordinary magazine.

The information you get from MoneyWeek can be retrieved, for free, from many sites and blogs, like the Sounding Line, Visual Capitalist, Zero Hedge, to name the first ones that come to my mind.

Is this bad? not at all: this means that my financial education has increased to such a point that I need to raise the bar higher.
Money Week is ok if you do not want to spend too much time seeking economic and financial news during the week; in case you are a very passive investor; in case you are a VERY orthodox investor.

Personally I do not believe in gold, but I do believe in information: what it stems from, how it gets turned into other types of information, how it is buried in an ocean of uselesses news noise.

Now it is time to pay for some advanced courses in economics and finance, tailored to my needs.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento